Monday, June 2, 2008

Flea market find

One of the things I love about the blog Teal Chic is that she is always asking her readers for opinions on her great finds. Over the Memorial Day weekend, I found these mirrors at a flea market in Pennsylvania. I want to touch them up a bit and paint. I thought about painting one turquoise to match the other turquoise accents in the lair. But I also like the idea of painting it the same creamy white as the other furniture and fabric in the room, so that the other turquoise elements really pop. I bought two and was thinking they might look nice next to one another somewhere else in the house. SO--you've seen the house, what do you think?


I'm also curious if anyone knows anything about this mirror? I was intrigued by the detail on the top panel. As mentioned, I'm not a designer, so I don't know a lot about furniture. Perhaps knowing more about them will help me to place them...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

would that detail be considered swag? nice mirrors!
i once posted pictures of our ceiling medallions on dwell magazine's forum to see if anyone could answer questions about them and some dude who worked in the industry gave me a whole history of the meaning behind it. so you can post something on some design site if you wanted. i think id paint them white and have the other items pop! how fun! i'll forward to the wood mechanic's blog. he may know.

325 Renovation said...

good call. wood mechanic is way talented. i recently linked to his blog off of yours and i was blown away.

Anonymous said...

he is way talented. he's building us a mantel for our dinning room. will post as soon as he's finished. should be another week or so!

TheGeorgeLaneBlog said...

white

Teal Chic said...

What an honor! Thank you for mentioning me!!! :)

I really love it the way it is. I'm sure it would look fantastic in any color you choose, as it is absolutely gorgeous! Love the detail!!!